Friday, January 9, 2009

Official Opening and Thoughts on the Strike at York University

Announcement to all teachers and students who care to read on!

The purpose of this blog is to provide information regarding my school, but also includes bits of my thoughts regarding it. It is at times like this that we must really think about just what we came to school to do. To be educated, to learn, to grow, to experience new things. Perhaps all of these has been your goals when you decided to attend university. But as a York University student, I cannot say how very distraught at about the current TA strike. As far as I'm concerned, no matter what ends up happening as a result, the ones who will suffer the most are also the ones who are never even brought into either sides' consideration before and during the strike: the students. As students, we have paid for our education and since we paid, we have a right to demand of it.

It seems ludicrous to me that during the entire duration, the students who makes the school run in the first place has been left out completely from the list of various considerations. As of right now, I will not demand that the strike should end any time soon. Rather, I demand that the situation be looked at from the students' perspective. Is it not us who funds the school? Is it not us who provide who provide jobs for the TAs' and Professors with jobs? Finally, is it not us the students who payed to be educated and to learn? If the payer have provided money in exchange for a product, then shouldn't the payee's obligation be the providing of said product?

As far as I'm concerned, the payee has not delivered. The money has been given, but the product not received. Ridiculous.

As of this now, I hope you will enjoy this blog as I will try to update it often and provide bits of my experiences while attending York University.

Without further ado, I announce the official opening of Life at School.

No comments:

LinkWithin